Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mk...@baselogic.com> on 2008/09/20 02:56:54 UTC

frustration with testNG tests running twice.

I have this declaration:
            <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>unit-tests</id>
                        <phase>test</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>test</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <skip>false</skip>
                            <testFailureIgnore>false</testFailureIgnore>
                            <excludes>
                                <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
                            </excludes>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>

                    <execution>
                        <id>integration-tests</id>
                        <phase>integration-test</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>test</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <skip>false</skip>
                            <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>

                            <suiteXmlFiles>

<suiteXmlFile>src/test/resources/testng-functional.xml</suiteXmlFile>
                            </suiteXmlFiles>

<groups>suite-init,database,functional,selenium</groups>
                            <excludeGroups>unit</excludeGroups>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

Now I even commented out the <phase>test</phase> to stop unit test from
running, but they run anyways. And because there is not a testng.xml for
that phase, the tests fail.

Can someone please help me get just my functional tests to run in the
<phase>integration-test</phase> ???

Your help is greatly appreciated!

--
---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson
BASE Logic, inc.
(415) 354-4215

Website: http://baselogic.com
Blog: http://baselogic.com/blog
BLiNC Magazine: http://blincmagazine.com
DJ Mick: http://djmick.com
MySpace: http://myspace.com/mickknutson

Re: frustration with testNG tests running twice.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mk...@baselogic.com>.
            <plugin>
                <version>2.4.3</version>
                <configuration>
                    <argLine>-Xmx256m</argLine>
                    <testFailureIgnore>false</testFailureIgnore>

                    *<suiteXmlFiles>

<suiteXmlFile>src/test/resources/testng.xml</suiteXmlFile>
                    </suiteXmlFiles>
*
                    <excludes>
                        <exclude>**/selenium/*Test.java</exclude>
                        <exclude>**/*$*</exclude>
                    </excludes>
                </configuration>

                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>surefire-it</id>
                        <phase>integration-test</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>test</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            *<suiteXmlFiles>

<suiteXmlFile>src/test/resources/testng-functional.xml</suiteXmlFile>
                            </suiteXmlFiles>*
                            <excludes>
                                <exclude>none</exclude>
                            </excludes>
                            <includes>
                                <include>**/selenium/*Test.java</include>
                            </includes>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>

                </executions>

            </plugin>

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mk...@baselogic.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mk...@baselogic.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
Are you setting the testName attribute at all in any of your test classes?
I noticed an interesting bug this morning with surefire/testng where if I
had tests changing the testName, then the testng XML file was generated all
wonky (ignoring groups, adding all classes) and causing all manner of weird
things running.

I´ve not yet submitted this to jira, but thats coming soon..

Posted by Mick Knutson <mk...@baselogic.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.