Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Irina <ir...@nas.net> on 2005/06/23 20:02:38 UTC

Net::DNS

Hello everybody here.

I am confused with this module: which one works and which one does not.

I have installed 0.51 using CPAN.  did not get SURBL working.  Installed
0.49 by downloading TAR file.  Still did not get SURBL working.  Today I saw
Net-DNS-0.51_02.tar.gz at their website and decided to install it using
CPAN.

By running spamassassin -D --lint I see references to both versions

-----------------------------------
debug: diag: module installed: Net::DNS, version 0.51
debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
debug: Net::DNS version: 0.49
debug: trying (3) doubleclick.com...
debug: looking up NS for 'doubleclick.com'
debug: NS lookup of doubleclick.com failed horribly => Perhaps your
resolv.conf isn't pointing at a valid server?
debug: All NS queries failed => DNS unavailable (set dns_available to
override)
debug: is DNS available? 0
-----------------------------------

And why does it say there is a problem with resolv.conf?  I have valid name
servers that I've set up, serving about a thousand domains.

What exactly do I need to have in local.cf in order SURBL to be working?

Thank you for the help in advance.

Irina

RE: :DNS

Posted by Erik Slooff <er...@slooff.com>.
> Hello everybody here.
>
> I am confused with this module: which one works and which one
> does not.
>
> I have installed 0.51 using CPAN.  did not get SURBL working.
>  Installed
> 0.49 by downloading TAR file.  Still did not get SURBL
> working.  Today I saw
> Net-DNS-0.51_02.tar.gz at their website and decided to
> install it using
> CPAN.
>
> By running spamassassin -D --lint I see references to both versions
>
> -----------------------------------
> debug: diag: module installed: Net::DNS, version 0.51
> debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
> debug: Net::DNS version: 0.49
> debug: trying (3) doubleclick.com...
> debug: looking up NS for 'doubleclick.com'
> debug: NS lookup of doubleclick.com failed horribly => Perhaps your
> resolv.conf isn't pointing at a valid server?
> debug: All NS queries failed => DNS unavailable (set dns_available to
> override)
> debug: is DNS available? 0
> -----------------------------------

Are you sure you installed the 0.51_02 version? This is what I get:

debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
debug: Net::DNS version: 0.51_02
debug: trying (3) cingular.com...
debug: looking up NS for 'cingular.com'
debug: NS lookup of cingular.com succeeded => Dns available (set
dns_available to hardcode)
debug: is DNS available? 1
debug: URIDNSBL: domains to query:

> And why does it say there is a problem with resolv.conf?  I
> have valid name
> servers that I've set up, serving about a thousand domains.
>
> What exactly do I need to have in local.cf in order SURBL to
> be working?
>
> Thank you for the help in advance.
>
> Irina

Erik