Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Vivek Mittal <vi...@vivekmittal.org> on 2008/03/14 01:43:54 UTC

CSV Data Set FileNotFoundException

Hi,

I am trying to use a CSV Data Set to provide input values to undertake
performance testing of a search application.  The csv file contains
only one field being the search terms we want to use during the test.
I have created a CSV file called searchValues.csv that contains the
list of terms (one per line) and set up a CSV Data Set as part of the
Thread Group.  The csv file is stored in the same location as the .jmx
file (ie in C:\JMeter), but the Jmeter logs say that it cannot find
the file.  I have tried cut-n-paste of the file mentioned in the log
into Windows File Explorer and it opens the file fine.  I'm sure there
are no spelling mistakes.  Any ideas why the file is not being picked
up.

Part of the Jmeter.log is attached below.

2008/03/14 11:38:44 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread Login
and Browse 1-1 started
2008/03/14 11:38:44 INFO  - jmeter.services.FileServer: Stored:
searchValues.csv
2008/03/14 11:38:44 ERROR - jmeter.config.CSVDataSet:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\JMeter\searchValues.csv (The system
cannot find the file specified)
2008/03/14 11:39:05 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread Login
and Browse 1-1 is done

Regards,
Vivek

Re: CSV Data Set FileNotFoundException

Posted by Vivek Mittal <vi...@vivekmittal.org>.
Sorry, but I found the mistake.  It was Windows adding a .txt at the
end of the file name, so pasting the file into Explorer worked, but of
course JMeter could not find it.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.