Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Manuel Vonthron <mv...@mnubo.com> on 2018/08/16 21:42:40 UTC

Writing a custom interpreter: how to use an external repository + class loading problem

Hi guys,

I'm starting to play with Zeppelin and I find it awesome, this is such a
great project, thanks a lot to all the contributors.

Now I have two issues at this point I'd like your help with:

*1. Can we use a private repository in addition to Maven central and the
local filesystem to publish a custom interpreter?*
I would like to write a custom interpreter and while I'm working on it, I
am deploying to a private Maven repository (a JFrog Artifactory instance).

I have been able to fetch my interpreter by overriding the
ZEPPELIN_INTERPRETER_DEP_MVNREPO env var (oddly enough, it didn't work by
modifying the zeppelin-site.xml) but I loose access to Maven central for
the rest of the interpreters and libraries.
Ideally I would have configured an arbitrary set of repositories in the
interpreterRepositories section of the interpreter.json file.

Does this make sense? Is there a way to do something like this?

2. Even after installing my custom interpreter and setting what I hope are
the right settings in interpreter.json, when I try to actually use it, I
end up with a "ClassNotFoundException" (https://pastebin.com/raw/9TbE7g6u),
although the class is indeed it the right folder under interpreter/ in the
right jar.
It's a bit hard to describe what I've done and what I haven't but do you
have any idea what I could have missed? Is there some kind of a "usual"
mistake I could have run into?

Thanks for your help
Manuel

--
Manuel Vonthron

Mnubo | Senior Back End Developer

'Monetize your IoT Data'

T: 514-677-8699
W: https://mnubo.com

--

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail message (including attachments,
if any) is

CONFIDENTIALITÉ:  Ce message courriel (y compris les
pièces
jointes, le cas échéant) est confidentiel et destiné uniquement à la
personne
ou  à l'entité à qui il est adressé. Toute
utilisation ou
divulgation non permise est strictement interdite.  L'obligation de
confidentialité et de secret
professionnel demeure malgré toute
divulgation.
Si vous avez reçu le présent courriel et ses annexes par
erreur,
veuillez nous en informer immédiatement et le détruire.  Nous vous
remercions de votre
collaboration.  Le présent message n'a
pas été crypté.
Le cryptage est possible