Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/18 01:50:21 UTC

Could we please add the JIRA number to commit messages when possible?

I was trying to track a change in the c++ code and found the change
had been committed as part of a large checkin with no mention of it
whatsoever.
It would be great if we have a JIRA covering the issue and just
mentioning it in the commit message.
(In this instance there was actually a JIRA covering this issue).
This would at least help so you could grep for it in the svn log.

This will help someone who is new or someone who doesn't work on the
code base on a daily basis.

I am not asking to open a JIRA for every single commit, but creating
one where it makes sense and then actually referencing it in the
commit message is very helpful.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat