Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Gabriele Columbro <ga...@alfresco.com> on 2010/06/07 12:18:43 UTC

Re: OpenCMIS Release [was: OpenCMIS Sessions]

Hey guys,
great job, this is a perfect example of proper leveraging of the CMIS
API (and the OpenCMIS layer). Kudos Mau!

Cross-posting this to the chemistry-dev@ list, best place to discuss
whether we could proceed already with an alpha release.

@chemistry-devs: as I'm unsure when we're planning to do our first
"official" release, I was wondering if we could test-drive the process
by deploying an alpha release (non SNAPSHOT) on the apache releases
repo?
One additional reason would be preventing people building from trunk
and starting releasing their custom named/versioned versions on
corporate Maven repositories.

WDYT?

Thanks,
Gab

--

Gabriele Columbro
Senior Solution Engineer, EMEA-APAC Professional Services

M: +31 (0)627 565 103
P: +39 320 161 28 46
D: +44 (0)1628 876 654
Skype: gabrielecolumbro
Blog: http://www.mindthegab.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mindthegabz

Tweet this: #Alfresco launches Activiti BPMN 2.0 business process
engine, hires JBoss jBPM architects Tom Baeyens & Joram Barrez http://bit.ly/ceeb3c

Re: OpenCMIS Release [was: OpenCMIS Sessions]

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Ok guys,

 From the feedback received the release version we're targeting is:

0.1.0

I agree we keep the x.y.z versioning scheme standard for all releases
(will create a wiki to document that).

I'll proceed with the release preparation steps (@Florian: will ping
you for any help) and send a email to this list (and later to the
Incubator PMC [1] ) with the call for official vote.

HTH,
Gab

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote

Posted by "Goetz, Paul" <pa...@sap.com>.