Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> on 2000/08/16 05:22:27 UTC

Re: $r->get_handlers bug/oversight?

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> 	I've noticed that get_handlers() will return the enabled handlers
> for a PerlPostReadRequestHandler, but not when it is specified as a
> PerlInitHandler (either by calling
> $r->get_handlers('PerlPostReadRequestHandler') or
> $r->get_handlers('PerlInitHandler').  It is the same with
> PerlHeaderParserHandler.  An oversight?

PerlInitHandler is just an alias for PerlPostReadRequestHandler and
PerlHeaderParserHandler.  mod_perl can only know at config-time if
InitHandler should be alias to PostReadRequest or HeaderParser, i don't
think get_handlers() can figure out which you mean at request time.

> 	Also, I can't get anything for PerlCleanupHandlers, which kinda
> makes sense, since Cleanup isn't really a phase, per se (at least according
> to the book).  Does it make sense to add this to get_handlers() as well?

the get_handlers() patch posted earlier should enable get/set of
PerlCleanupHandlers.