Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Diego Castillo <di...@inexbee.com> on 2003/12/18 09:44:55 UTC

MailetContext.sendMail() does not permit setting attributes

Hi all,

One of my mailets sends outgoing messages to the top of the root
processor. It needs to attach some information for the other mailets
that will process the new message. I have been doing this via a
MimeMessage header, but would like to use a Mail attribute instead.

However, none of the MailetContext.sendMail() permits setting the
attributes of the outgoing message. I could use the sendMail(Mail) if I
could create a new MailImpl object, but this object is not visible
through the Mailet API.

What I am looking for is a MailetContext.sendMail(MailAddress sender,
Collection recipients, Collection attributes, MimeMessage msg) method.
Is there a way to circumvent this problem?

By the way, is there a planned date for the final 2.2.0 release?

Regards,

Diego