Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Jurriaan Pruys <ju...@pruys.com> on 2021/10/05 13:28:08 UTC

Signature verification memory usage

Hi!

We’re verifying a big (> 100MB) XML file with an ‘enveloped signature’. Our memory is constrained, so we’re looking into Santuario after we found this promising graph about a stable memory consumption during validation:  http://coheigea.blogspot.com/2014/04/apache-santuario-xml-security-for-java_25.html

Unfortunately we also run into memory issues during validation and after some analysis it looks like we run in the same issue as reported here (InternalBufferProcessor is buffering the complete document):  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANTUARIO-466

So the question is: how to validate an xml signature with little memory? Processing time is not an issue; happy to read the same file twice.

(I hope this dev list is the way to ask these kind of questions)

Regards,

Jurriaan