Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by miro <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/08 19:34:05 UTC

comcept of hirearchy

      // My page
      public Index() {
		super();
		add(getContent());
	}

	protected Component   getContent(){
		RicolaGroupbox  ricolaGroupbox= new RicolaGroupbox("csrHome","ESP");
		ricolaGroupbox.add(new InboxMenuContainer());

		return ricolaGroupbox;
	}

	private class InboxMenuContainer  extends  CSRRicolaContainer {

		public InboxMenuContainer() {
			super("inbox");
			super.add(new InboxMenuLabel());
			super.add(new StorageInboxLink());
			super.add(new InventoryInboxLink());
		}
	}

ricolaGroupbox   has a child component InboxMenuContainer, this has three
childern    InboxLabel, StorageInboxLink and InventoryInboxLink , to
describe this html

	            		<h3><label wicket:id="inboxMenu"></label></h3>
				        <UL>
							<LI> # Storage Inbox </LI>
							<LI> # Inventory Inbox </LI>
						</UL>

I am getting this error

ERROR RequestCycle - Unable to find component with id 'inboxMenu' in
[MarkupContainer [Component id = csrHome, page =
com.uprr.app.csr.webapp.pages.Index, path = 0:csrHome.RicolaGroupbox,
isVisible = true, isVersioned = true]]. This means that you declared
wicket:id=inboxMenu in your markup, but that you either did not add the
component to your page at all, or that the hierarchy does not match.

Please explain why   inboxMenu is not found and where in hirearchy it
belongs .

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Arie Fishler <a...@zibaba.com> wrote:
> Label should be in a <span> tag...not <label>?

Why?

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by Arie Fishler <a...@zibaba.com>.

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by miro <mi...@yahoo.com>.
yes..

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by Arie Fishler <a...@zibaba.com>.

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Wed, 08 Oct 2008, miro wrote:
> just to make sure iam  adding to container (CSRRicolaContainer )   and not to
> the page
>
> jwcarman wrote:
> >
> > Why are you calling super.add() as opposed to merely add()?

It doesn't work like this, "super." doesn't change anything
there.

To add to the page you would do

  Index.this.add(new InboxMenuLabel());

I think that that super() call isn't needed either, but Java
inbokes it automatically.

and you have some pretty strange formatting here.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by miro <mi...@yahoo.com>.

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by miro <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Altogether my problem is html for nested components  I have a  page to this
added  component A (container) and to this added component B (Link)

 page

now how would html look  for this
				        <UL>
							<LI> # Storage Inbox </LI>

						</UL>

is this right   please  tell me ?

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by miro <mi...@yahoo.com>.

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: comcept of hirearchy

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Wed, 08 Oct 2008, miro wrote:
                                    ^
> 	            		<h3><label wicket:id="inboxMenu"></label></h3>

You're missing a colon (:) there in the wicket:id
declaration of inobx. That's why inboxMenu gets directly
under csrHome in the hierarchy.

Here's a good reason to use a good, syntax-checking IDE for
editing markup!

Best wishes,
Timo