Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Barry Scott <ba...@onelan.co.uk> on 2011/07/08 15:30:04 UTC

HTTPD 2.2.17 issue on Fedora 15 with listening on IPv4

If this is the wrong list to ask for help on this please redirect me.

We are porting our application to Fedora 15 and to systemd from SysV init.
The httpd configuraturation we are using work without problem on earlier
Fedora 13 systems.

We are hitting an odd problem with httpd handling requests on localhost:80
over IPv4. The configuration allows access without authenication but we
get a 401 error. However repeat the request using IPv6 and it it works.

If we restart httpd (systemctl restart httpd.service) the problem goes
away. We have a set of identical hardware running identical software
with identical config and not all systems show this problem. Leading me
to expect its a race condition during startup.

Here is a fragment of the httpd.conf file:

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80 [::1]:80>
    ... rewrite rules ...
    <Location /XML>

        #+ localhost auth file
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from 127.0.0.1
        Allow from ::1
        Satisfy Any
        #- localhost auth file

    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

I test this with:

curl -4 http://localhost:80/XML/
curl -6 http://localhost:80/XML/

I'm willing to debug and patch the code to get to the bottom of the problem
but would like to know if this is a known problem. Any pointers on where
to start looking in the code would be welcome as well.

Barry

Re: HTTPD 2.2.17 issue on Fedora 15 with listening on IPv4

Posted by Paul Howarth <pa...@city-fan.org>.
On 07/08/2011 02:30 PM, Barry Scott wrote:
> If this is the wrong list to ask for help on this please redirect me.
>
> We are porting our application to Fedora 15 and to systemd from SysV init.
> The httpd configuraturation we are using work without problem on earlier
> Fedora 13 systems.
>
> We are hitting an odd problem with httpd handling requests on localhost:80
> over IPv4. The configuration allows access without authenication but we
> get a 401 error. However repeat the request using IPv6 and it it works.
>
> If we restart httpd (systemctl restart httpd.service) the problem goes
> away. We have a set of identical hardware running identical software
> with identical config and not all systems show this problem. Leading me
> to expect its a race condition during startup.
>
> Here is a fragment of the httpd.conf file:
>
> <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80 [::1]:80>
>      ... rewrite rules ...
>      <Location /XML>
>
>          #+ localhost auth file
>          Order allow,deny
>          Allow from 127.0.0.1
>          Allow from ::1
>          Satisfy Any
>          #- localhost auth file
>
>      </Location>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I test this with:
>
> curl -4 http://localhost:80/XML/
> curl -6 http://localhost:80/XML/
>
> I'm willing to debug and patch the code to get to the bottom of the problem
> but would like to know if this is a known problem. Any pointers on where
> to start looking in the code would be welcome as well.

Does this still happen if you force NetworkManager to wait for the
network to actually come up?

systemctl enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service

Paul.

Re: HTTPD 2.2.17 issue on Fedora 15 with listening on IPv4

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Barry Scott <ba...@onelan.co.uk> wrote:
> If this is the wrong list to ask for help on this please redirect me.

user support mailing list

http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users