Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Markley, Aaron" <AM...@medcentral.org> on 2002/03/06 14:54:35 UTC

proxying page data

Hmm...  No remarks on my previous question (proxy problem)...  I guess I'll
try to rephrase it more simply.

I have a proxy set up which grabs the main page from a server inside of my
intranet.  The problem is that it doesn't display any of the picture files
(gifs mostly), which are located in a subdirectory on the proxied server.
Why is this?  The HTML for the page references subdirectories on the other
server where the images are located; shouldn't the contents of these
directories come across anyway in the proxy?

Thanks...

Aaron Markley
Information Services Department
MedCentral Health System
335 Glessner Avenue
Mansfield, OH 44903
419.520.2516
amarkley@medcentral.org

Re: proxying page data

Posted by Bill Jones <sn...@mac.com>.
On 3/6/02 8:54 AM, "Markley, Aaron" <AM...@medcentral.org> wrote:

> Hmm...  No remarks on my previous question (proxy problem)...  I guess
> I'll try to rephrase it more simply.
>
> I have a proxy set up which grabs the main page from a server inside of
> my intranet.  The problem is that it doesn't display any of the picture
> files (gifs mostly), which are located in a subdirectory on the proxied
> server.  Why is this?  The HTML for the page references subdirectories
> on the other server where the images are located; shouldn't the contents
> of these directories come across anyway in the proxy?

Not really - are you using a Proxy Mirror config???

Is the proxied server available outside the firewall???

???
-Sx-  :]