Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2002/11/05 00:02:14 UTC

Re: What Are Doing with DynaActionForm

On Monday, November 4, 2002, 5:53:52 PM, Mark wrote:

MA> What are other people using to extract and map data out of the DynaActionForm ?

    I use BeanUtils.copyProperties(..) to copy the properties from my
    DynaActionForm into my Model layer bean.  In the action just do:

    BeanUtils.copyProperties( yourModelLayerBean, yourDynaActionForm );

    (For dealing with java.util.Date I had to create Converter that
    you just register with BeanUtils. If you are using Dates I can
    send it to you or check the archives here).

--

Rick
mailto:maillist@reumann.net

Re[2]: What Are Doing with DynaActionForm

Posted by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net>.

On Monday, November 4, 2002, 6:13:28 PM, Mark wrote:

MA> Rick I read your email and had an Ahh Moment ! Thats quite elegent
MA> and now less lines of code to maintain. Are there any caveats to
MA> doing this.

    Only caveat is I ran into some headaches when dealing with
    converting java.util.Dates. I'll post the solution again since I
    myself can't find it in the archives to point you to the solution.

MA> I guess you are doing this post validation.

    Yes, I do the Validation stuff first.

Posted by Mark Ayad <ma...@javamark.com>.
Rick I read your email and had an Ahh Moment ! Thats quite elegent and now
less lines of code to maintain. Are there any caveats to doing this.

I guess you are doing this post validation.

Mark

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>