Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Julien TOUCHE <ju...@lycos.com> on 2005/06/09 17:57:32 UTC

Re: merge problem

Julien TOUCHE a écrit :
> Hi
>
> one of my developpers has a problem when trying to merge files with tsvn
> 1.1.7 on winxpsp1 (server is a linux svn 1.1.x):
>
> PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/repos/!svn/vcc/default'
> PROPFIND of  '/svn/repos/!svn/vcc/default': 403 Forbidden
> (https://svn.XXX.local)
>
> has anyone any directions to look for to solve this problem ?
> (only web root is forbidden by default and all others common actions
> works well: checkout, commit, branch, ...)

any help ?

Regards

		Julien

Re: merge problem / need admin

Posted by Julien TOUCHE <ju...@lycos.com>.
Norbert Unterberg a écrit :
>> is there any reason to need admin account on the client side ?
>

> Yes, there seems to be a bug in subversion that some commands try to
> create temp files in the current working directory (even if it not
> writable) and not in the temp directory.
>
> See the mail "Bug in svn merge url1 url2 wc" on the svn-dev mailing
> list.

find it
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=101817
but seems there is no following and nothing in the issue tracker

http://subversion.tigris.org/issues/buglist.cgi?short_desc=merge&component=subversion&issue_status=NEW&issue_status=STARTED&issue_status=REOPENED&short_desc_type=substring&cmdtype=doit

one note, we are using TSVN 1.1.7 (svn 1.1.4) here.

anybody knows if this problem will be solve for 1.2.1 ? or the
workaround is valid for all release after 1.2.0 included ?

thanks
Regards

		Julien

Re: merge problem

Posted by Norbert Unterberg <nu...@gmail.com>.
2005/6/28, Julien TOUCHE <ju...@lycos.com>:
> Julien TOUCHE a écrit :
> > Tsvn merge returns:
> > "Error Could not save file
> > Error Can't open 'tmp': access denied."
> >
> this problem was solved when dev use Administrator account on the client
> side.
>
> is there any reason to need admin account on the client side ?

Yes, there seems to be a bug in subversion that some commands try to
create temp files in the current working directory (even if it not
writable) and not in the temp directory.

See the mail "Bug in svn merge url1 url2 wc" on the svn-dev mailing list.

Norbert

Re: merge problem

Posted by Julien TOUCHE <ju...@lycos.com>.

Re: merge problem

Posted by Julien TOUCHE <ju...@lycos.com>.
Julien TOUCHE a écrit :
>> one of my developpers has a problem when trying to merge files with tsvn
>> 1.1.7 on winxpsp1 (server is a linux svn 1.1.x):
>>
>> PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/repos/!svn/vcc/default'
>> PROPFIND of  '/svn/repos/!svn/vcc/default': 403 Forbidden
>> (https://svn.XXX.local)

i finally debug it to a problem with unconfigured but actived security
plugin (mod_dosevasive, mod_security)
now merge-dry-run and merge-diff work but not real merge.

Tsvn merge returns:
"Error Could not save file
Error Can't open 'tmp': access denied."

problem is: where is 'tmp' ?
on client or server, in fs or in repository

there is a classical linux fs on server with /tmp chmoded 1777
seems there is no tmp in repository
i doubt there is any modified acl on the windows client.

ideas ?

thanks
Regards

		Julien

Re: merge problem

Posted by Julien TOUCHE <ju...@lycos.com>.
Ben Collins-Sussman a écrit :

> A "403 Forbidden" error on a PROPFIND is the classic symptom of a web
>  proxy server that disallows webdav http requests.

thanks but why would it appears only when merging ? common operations
(checkout, commit, ...) are ok.
i will check with devs as soon as i can.

thanks
Regards

		Julien

Re: merge problem