Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org> on 2004/09/17 06:41:18 UTC

URI obfuscation check

SpamCop got fooled by this URI obfuscation, so I wrote them about
it.  Would someone please feed it through SA to see if it handles
it correctly:

__  CUT HERE  __

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 06:10:03 +0200
To: <MU...@MUNGED.MUNGED>
From: "Gaines, Sherman" <tt...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Why does one little pill cost so much?

----1661109222109204323

Hi, how are you doing today? Tired of paying so much to stay healthy? Cautions of purchasing meds on the web? We carry a wide variety of products with no need for a prescri ption. We have a simple to use site with no long forms to fill out. Our site is located at the link below:
http://www.tappet.sadsdcvf.c<input type="hidden" value="">om</p>

----1661109222109204323--

__  CUT HERE  __

My mail client, The Bat! displayed the URI correctly, but did not
make it clickable.

TIA,

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: URI obfuscation check

Posted by Ryan Thompson <ry...@sasknow.com>.
Jeff Chan wrote to SpamAssassin Users:

> Update on the previous, interestingly the HTML renderer in The Bat!
> 1.62q did not make the link clickable, but the plaintext message
> renderer did.

That's because the HTML did not actually contain a link (anchor); just
the plaintext URI. Many plaintext renderers will, however, link anything
that looks like a URI.

- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ry...@sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon

Re: URI obfuscation check

Re: URI obfuscation check

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org> writes:

> SpamCop got fooled by this URI obfuscation, so I wrote them about
> it.  Would someone please feed it through SA to see if it handles
> it correctly:

It doesn't matter because the message had a score of 19.  In 2.64, it
had a score of 11.

With network tests, the score was 27 including URIBL_SBL,
URIBL_SC_SURBL, and URIBL_WS_SURBL.  In 2.64, the score was 15.

That must burn.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan                     ApacheCon! 13-17 November (3 SpamAssassin
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/  http://www.apachecon.com/  sessions & more)