Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by endian675 <en...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/04 11:14:28 UTC

Java 7 client using Java 7 server, or vice versa

As mentioned on a post to the user list
(http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Mixing-Java-major-versions-on-client-server-td1380.html)
it's not possible to connect a Java 7 client to a Java 8 server.

Does anyone with intimate knowledge of the code know whether there are
specific technical reasons for this?  I am currently working around this by
using the HTTP interface, but that interface doesn't allow me to do more
complex things (e.g., call put() correctly, I can't get SqlFields queries
working, I can't access Service grids).

I would very much like to get mixed client/server major versions working if
at all possible.

Re: Java 7 client using Java 7 server, or vice versa

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 2:42 AM, Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This limitation has already been removed for the nearest release.

Should be part of the upcoming 1.5 release.

Re: Java 7 client using Java 7 server, or vice versa

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

This limitation has already been removed for the nearest release.

If you work with Ignite sources then you can checkout the master branch
that has the fix.

Regards,
Denis