Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Christian Brenninkmeijer <br...@cs.man.ac.uk> on 2015/01/28 15:46:03 UTC

Multiple templates using https://cms.apache.org/

Hi,

(Sorry no one within our poddingly knows the answer to asking here.)

Does anyone know how to use multiple templates with a website editable
via: https://cms.apache.org/

===
Details:
I am working on http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/
This was setup in the typical cms way where
Templates are stored in /templates/
Content in /content/
Where all *.md files appear to automatically use templates/skeleton.html
    (or maybe templates/single_narrative.html which just extends
templates/skeleton.html)
Editing and committing can be done on https://cms.apache.org/

What I would like to do is use different templates for different parts
of the website.
For example to use a different sidebar for different parts of the website
Or to include a standard alert on some pages
Without having to copy the code to each of the pages.

Any advice especially links to documentation would be super.

Thanks in advance
Christian
University of Manchester

Re: Multiple templates using https://cms.apache.org/

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing the info, Christian.

- Henry

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 1:30 AM, Christian Brenninkmeijer

Posted by Christian Brenninkmeijer <br...@cs.man.ac.uk>.
To answer my own question in case anyone else is interested.

Templates are set by the ../lib/path.pm file.

There is a little bit of explanation at:
http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#control-flow

One site that makes heavy use of this is
http://lucene.apache.org/
so it is worth looking at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/cms/trunk/lib/path.pm
which shows lots of things you can do via path.pm

On 28/01/2015 14:46, Christian Brenninkmeijer wrote:
> Does anyone know how to use multiple templates with a website editable
> via: https://cms.apache.org/

Christian
University of Manchester