Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Arne Skjaerholt <ar...@online.no> on 2004/10/07 00:33:33 UTC

PerlHandler serving / ?

Hello,
I'm working on a PerlHandler that will potentially handle the root of my webserver. The code works fine if I set it to handle a sub-directory (<Location /my-location>), but if I say <Location/> and try to get / I get a 500 and an error that seems to indicate that no request object is passed to handler() (Can't call method "document_root" on an undefined value). Is this normal behavior, and if so is there a work around/what am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,
Arne Skjaerholt
:wq

Re: PerlHandler serving / ?

Posted by Arne Skjaerholt <ar...@online.no>.
Actually, the error was due to my own incompetence (I found the error
after having a sleep). I thought I had sent a reply to the list saying
that, but it turns out I sent it to myself (dang webmail interface
*grumble*). Sorry, bout that.

Arne
:wq

Re: PerlHandler serving / ?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Arne Skjaerholt wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm working on a PerlHandler that will potentially handle the root of my webserver. The code works fine if I set it to handle a sub-directory (<Location /my-location>), but if I say <Location/> and try to get / I get a 500 and an error that seems to indicate that no request object is passed to handler() (Can't call method "document_root" on an undefined value). Is this normal behavior, and if so is there a work around/what am I doing wrong?

Please always paste the exact error from logs/error_log, trying to
interpret it is not a good idea.