Posted to user@struts.apache.org by rob <ro...@softhome.net> on 2002/09/25 14:06:26 UTC

url parameters not being copied to form bean

I'm not sure why but I have parameters that are not being copied
to my form bean.  The url written on the page is correct but when
the link is followed only the parameter specified in the global
forward (action=choose) is copied to the bean and (selected=N) is not.

Surely it's a subtle error somewhere but can anyone suggest what
exactly?  I've successfully done this in other applications and this
is the first time it's not worked.

Thanks

Rob

I have a little something like the following to write my link.

<nested:iterate parameter="items">

     <nested:link forward="viewitem" paramId="selected"
         paramName="ItemForm" paramProperty="itemId"> Item
         <nested:write property="itemId"/>
     </nested:link>

</nested:iterate>

My form-bean looks like so:
<form-bean name="ItemForm" type="web.ItemForm"/>

My global-forward looks like so:
<forward name="viewitem" path="/do/viewitem?action=choose"/>

My action mapping looks like so:
<action path="/viewitem"
         type="web.ItemAction"
         name="ItemForm"