Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by "Abdulrahman M. Selim" <ab...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/06 13:50:44 UTC

Python Issue

 Hello,
I wanted to ask a question on GitHub but was shown to ask via this email
instead.
I want to use PyArrow with HDFS to read and write files, I have an issue
with using it.
I am currently using PyArrow on windows 10, Hadoop itself is installed
correctly & Java is also installed, but I keep getting "OSError: Unable to
load libhdfs: The specified module could not be found." when using
fs.HadoopFileSystem().
I did what all the threads in GitHub & Stackoverflow discussed on
specifically stating the location of
{ARROW_LIBHDFS_DIR=$HADOOP_HOME/lib/native} and the location has both
libhdfs.so & libhdfs.so.0.0.0 inside it. However many times I tried and
explicitly stated it, it doesn't work and I keep getting the same error.
Thank you in advance.
Yours sincerely,
Abdulrahman

--

Abdulrahman Mohamed Selim

Computer Science Master's student at Saarland University.
Biomedical Engineering Bachelor's, Class of 2019.
LinkedIn Account: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdulrahmanselim/
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdelrahmanramzy/>

Re: Python Issue

Posted by Alessandro Molina <al...@ursacomputing.com>.
You said you are on "Windows 10", but then you mention "libhdfs.so".
Might that be the cause? I think that on Windows Arrow looks for "hdfs.dll"
not for "libhdfs.so"