Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Pruitt, Steve" <SP...@exstream.com> on 2007/01/17 22:54:38 UTC

Setup and configuration

All,

I guess I am still low on the learning curve.  I am still trying to get
a handle around how to setup and configure jackrabbit.  It's a bit hard
to understand how and where the various configuration files fit.

I want to use a separate directory with subfolders having their own
repository.  Something like

webapps/mycontext/repositories/r1
webapps/mycontext/repositories/r2
:

When we deploy, there will be only one repository.  The multiples are
for eval purposes.

There are several "configuration files" that seem to apply

1. config.xml
2. context.xml
3. repository.xml  (this file is fairly straightforward.  Although, I
still don't see how to set the two workspace variables.  Maybe its not
done.)
4. bootstrap.properties  (this file appears in the aforementioned 1.2
snapshot build.  It seems to set the env variables I asked about in an
earlier post. Is "bootstrap-config" init parm set in the web.xml file
and should point to it?  After reading in the properties, how are they
communicated to jackrabbit?)

An explanation of how to set up and how they are used would be very
helpful to me and maybe to others who are new and trying to set these
things up.

Thanks,

-S