Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Miller <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/12 20:21:22 UTC

Is there a method to submit a useful tidbit of knowledge?

Hi everyone,

I have just finally diagnosed a problem that initially looks like a Tomcat
problem but turns out to the an OS misconfiguration. The problem is that
doing a Google search comes up with a lot of fixes that imply it is a Tomcat
problem but it actually isn't it just uses the same error text (and it's not
Tomcat's fault because it can't really tell the difference).

Is there a Wiki/FAQ submission method where I could submit the problem and
the solution?

Thanks,
Bill

RE: Is there a method to submit a useful tidbit of knowledge?

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.
Well documented.

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Linux_Unix

IPv6 and the "-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" into JAVA_OPTS is a solution to a
common problem, even outside of the Tomcat world.

- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -

RE: Is there a method to submit a useful tidbit of knowledge?

Posted by Bill Miller <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.