Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by toto <to...@yopmail.com> on 2011/11/25 00:33:42 UTC

solrQueryParser defaultOperator

Hi,
I install Apache solr and integrate it on a drupal website. Everythings
works perfectly. The default search operator is OR, so I changed it in my
schema.xml as :

<solrQueryParser defaultOperator="AND"/>

But, it seems no working. For example, when I search : "bakery california",
solr return all the results contains "bakery" OR "california".

Is there any solution for fix it?

Thanks

Re: solrQueryParser defaultOperator

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: are you using either dismax or edismax? They don't respect
: the defaultOperator. Use the mm param to get this kind
: of behavior.

FWIW: that has not been tru since Solr 3.1 ... mm's default value is now
based on q.op (which get's it's default from defaultOperator in the
schema.xml)

By Erick's point is still valid: we need all the details of the request
you are executing, and what the request handler config looks like, and
what the debugQuery output for that request lookse like, etc. before we
can make a guess as to why you are getting the results you are getting.

-Hoss

Re: solrQueryParser defaultOperator

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

you're asking us to figure out what you've done. IN particular,
are you using either dismax or edismax? They don't respect
the defaultOperator. Use the mm param to get this kind
of behavior.

Best
Erick