Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2005/03/18 22:18:30 UTC

Coordinating derby resource info

Ever since Yu Jie's post on Feb 24 (see
http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200502.mbox/%3c20050224023642.22384.qmail@web52101.mail.yahoo.com%3e
  ) in which Yu Jie asked this question:

>    8. Could you provide customize services? And what the fee is?

I've been mulling over how to best provide a way for people in the derby
community to indicate that they offer a given service.

I was reminded by Ed Rayl's post today about the JDBC courseware he
wrote for Object Innovations that uses derby as the default database.
(It hasn't hit mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox yet, but is at
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.db.derby.devel/2437 ).

The integrations page at
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/integrate/misc.html summarizes a list
of software products (free or not) that work with derby.

It would be useful to also have a services-oriented page, perhaps a new
page on the Community tab at http://incubator.apache.org/derby . So far
I can think of three categories:

Consulting
   + Does anyone do what Yu Jie asked for?