Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2002/03/08 22:22:44 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/proxy mod_proxy.h proxy_connect.c proxy_http.c proxy_util.c

trawick@apache.org wrote:

>   implement a common function for getting a socket and trying to connect
>   to the target host; use that common function for proxy HTTP and proxy
>   CONNECT
>
>   In that new function, fix this problem:
>
>        Proxy HTTP and CONNECT: Keep trying other addresses from the DNS
>        when we can't get a socket in the specified address family.  We may
>        have gotten back an IPv6 address first and yet our system is not
>        configured to allow IPv6 sockets.

Is it possible to apply this same fix to v1.3 as well? Or does it not
matter (does 1.3 support IPv6?)...?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/proxy mod_proxy.h proxy_connect.c proxy_http.c proxy_util.c

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> writes:

> trawick@apache.org wrote:
>
> >   implement a common function for getting a socket and trying to connect
> >   to the target host; use that common function for proxy HTTP and proxy
> >   CONNECT
> >
> >   In that new function, fix this problem:
> >
> >        Proxy HTTP and CONNECT: Keep trying other addresses from the DNS
> >        when we can't get a socket in the specified address family.  We may
> >        have gotten back an IPv6 address first and yet our system is not
> >        configured to allow IPv6 sockets.
>
> Is it possible to apply this same fix to v1.3 as well? Or does it not
> matter (does 1.3 support IPv6?)...?

1.3 doesn't support IPv6 (the KAME project has a rather large patch to
add IPv6 support to 1.3).

It would be useful to put this function to use on the 2.0 proxy ftp
path.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...