Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Denis Bohm <de...@fireflydesign.com> on 2005/03/04 08:03:07 UTC

compile errors

I downloaded the Batik source code and am getting a lot of compile
errors.  For example, in StaticRenderer:

    public StaticRenderer(RenderingHints rh,
                          AffineTransform at){
        renderingHints = new RenderingHints(rh);
        usr2dev = new AffineTransform(at);
    }

C:\xml-batik\sources\org\apache\batik\gvt\renderer\StaticRenderer.java:156:
cannot find symbol
symbol  : constructor RenderingHints(java.awt.RenderingHints)
location: class java.awt.RenderingHints

Looking at the 1.4.2 docs there isn't any constructor for RenderingHints
that takes a RenderingHints parameter.  I must be missing something
obvious.  Anyone see what it is?

BTW:  I'm using Java 1.5 to build.

Thanks,
  Denis

Re: compile errors

Posted by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>.
Hi,

> BTW:  I'm using Java 1.5 to build.

If you are using 1.5 try to set the compiler option source to 1.4,
hopefully it solve your problem.

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--
Sketsa
SVG Graphics Editor

Re: compile errors

Posted by Denis Bohm <de...@fireflydesign.com>.
Oh, I see.  In Java 1.5 the RenderingHints constructor takes a
Map<RenderingHints.Key, ?> arg, not just a Map.  Is there a plan to move
batik to Java 1.5 at some point?

By compiling in JDK 1.4 compat mode, I assume you mean using "javac
-source 1.4"?  That seems to take care of the above issue, but the DOM3
issue remain.

Sounds like I need to use JDK 1.4.  Or get the cvs svg12 branch.

Re: compile errors

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.