Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Michal Klos <mi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/17 18:05:35 UTC

Spark yarn-client submission example?

Hi,

We have a Scala application and we want it to programmatically submit Spark
jobs to a Spark-YARN cluster in yarn-client mode.

We're running into a lot of classpath issues, e.g. once submitted it looks
for jars in our parent Scala application's local directory, jars that it
shouldn't need. Our setJars in the SparkContext only mentions our fat jar,
which should be all it needs. We are not sure why the other jars are being
included once we submit and we don't see a mechanism to control what it
wants.

Here's a sample error:

Diagnostics: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File
file:/Users/github/spark/kindling-container/lib/spark-assembly-1.2.1-hadoop2.4.0.jar
does not exist
Failing this attempt. Failing the application.

I read through the user list and there was discussion around possibly using
Client.scala?

Are there any code examples out there that we could use as reference?

thanks,
Michal