Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by James Derieg <ja...@uplynk.com> on 2014/11/15 00:47:10 UTC

sstables keep growing on cassandra 2.1

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping someone can help me with a weird issue on Cassandra 2.1.
The sstables on my cluster keep growing to a huge number when I run a
nodetool repair.  On the attached graph, I ran a manual 'nodetool compact'
on each node in the cluster, which brought them back down to a low number
of sstables.  Then I immediately ran a nodetool repair, and the sstables
jumped back up.  Has anyone seen this behavior?  Is this expected? I have
some 2.0 clusters in the same environment, and they don't do this.
Thanks in advance for your help.
ᐧ

Re: sstables keep growing on cassandra 2.1

Posted by Colin Kuo <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you please firstly check the "nodetool compactionstats" during repair?
I'm afraid that minor compaction may be blocked by whatever tasks that
causes the number of SStable keep growing.