Posted to user@struts.apache.org by nirmal_hbti <ni...@rediffmail.com> on 2006/11/27 07:50:15 UTC

Re: Best way to secure struts-webapps?

Hi,

What is the best way to secure struts-webapps without Container Managed
Security?
I have heard of the following possible options but I am confused as to
choose which one:

1. Using Filters.
2. Override one of the process methods in the ProcessRequest.
3. Make a base action where you check for your criteria in every action's
execute() method.  Then have it invoke a custom "myExecute()" method which
is where you would put the code you normally put in execute().

I am confused as to choose which one because I want the security to be of
the Application-level and I dont wanna use any Container Managed Security.
Also in my application I have different roles and each role has a separate
set of priviliges like Admin, Customer, Account Manager. I want the
different menus or options to be available only if the login user is in that
role.

Nirmal Kumar

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
You might look into the Security Filter project at SourceForge (
http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/), we're using it and it seems to work
very nicely.
  (*Chris*)