Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Slawomir Orlowski (CYMPAK)" <so...@cympak.com> on 2006/02/21 22:39:59 UTC

[users@httpd] REMOTE_HOST empty after moving from internal/external DNS to split DNS

Hello there,

I have apache 2.0.55 on Linix RH 7.2.
I had internal DNS on that server and external on firewall (RH Linux too).
I have terminated internal, configured split zone DNS on firewall changed
resolver.conf to firewall ip.
All web pages are working, except apache logging.
It is not logging domain names only ip's.
It has changed after I have terminated internal DNS.
What is interesting I can get answer from nslookup or dig
nslookup 192.168.0.73
..
host.mydomain.com
But apache would log 192.168.0.73 instead of name.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I'm lost.
regards
Slawomir