Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Daniel Stonier <d....@gmail.com> on 2010/11/25 07:46:33 UTC

Shared libs with mingw cross-compiler

Also run into another problem with the mingw cross-compiler - it
simply refuses to build shared libs, despite setting --disable-static
and --enable-static when running ./configure. What might be disabling
it?

Cheers,
Daniel.

--
Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/

Re: Shared libs with mingw cross-compiler

Posted by Dongsheng Song <do...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 14:46, Daniel Stonier <d....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also run into another problem with the mingw cross-compiler - it
> simply refuses to build shared libs, despite setting --disable-static
> and --enable-static when running ./configure. What might be disabling
> it?

It maybe the configure script issue.

Because I can build static or shared library for xz utils and some
other projects.

You can compare the library configuration part between apr and xz util.

Re: Shared libs with mingw cross-compiler

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 11/25/2010 12:46 AM, Daniel Stonier wrote:
> Also run into another problem with the mingw cross-compiler - it
> simply refuses to build shared libs, despite setting --disable-static
> and --enable-static when running ./configure. What might be disabling
> it?

You can always try doing a ./buildconf against your own/mingw hacked libtool
and autoconf and see if the ./configure results differ.

Re: Shared libs with mingw cross-compiler

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.
> Also run into another problem with the mingw cross-compiler - it
> simply refuses to build shared libs, despite setting --disable-static
> and --enable-static when running ./configure. What might be disabling
> it?

No idea about that one, to be honest.

--
Bojan