Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Doug Cutting <DC...@grandcentral.com> on 2002/04/02 18:49:05 UTC

release status

I've lost track of just where we are with the 1.2 release.

Are there outstanding bugs that we intend to fix before the 1.2 release?
There have been only a few minor patches since RC4.  Should we make an RC5
or just go ahead with the final release?

Doug

Re: release status

Posted by Lee Mallabone <le...@grantadesign.com>.
On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 17:49, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Are there outstanding bugs that we intend to fix before the 1.2 release?

I sent a fix to a significant bug with wildcard queries, over a month
ago. I've resent the bug and attached the patch to bugzilla in the hope
that it will be noticed this time.

Lee Mallabone.

Re: release status

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
I think there have been some changes since RC4. We probably want to make an
RC5 to make sure.

What do you think about an RC5 until the end of this week, then make RC5 GM
is all goes OK.

Once the RC5 is made, please don't make any more changes to the CVS source
unless a show stopping bug comes out until final release.

Thanks

--Peter

Re: release status

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I'm for releasing to make people happy, although there are some bugs
that should get fixed soon:
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&product=Lucene&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&newqueryname=&order=%27Importance%27

Otis