Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Andreas Richter <ar...@oszine.de> on 2005/05/07 22:46:17 UTC

link libsvn_client-1.lib in VC++ 6.0

Re: link libsvn_client-1.lib in VC++ 6.0

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Sunday 08 May 2005 05:10, Andreas Richter wrote:

> > > What symbols are these? No-one can help you if you don't describe
> > > your problem in a bit more detail.
> >
> > Right. Without information it is difficult to help ;)
> > Have already shutdown my windows machine. I will look tomorrow and
> > inform you about the correct linker errors.
>
> Have now link all available libs int my project and now i have only 2
> unresolved symbols
>
>   __imp__SHGetFolderPathA@20
>   __imp__SHGetFolderPathW@20
>
> which library have these symbols?

shell32.lib, IIRC.

-John

Re: link libsvn_client-1.lib in VC++ 6.0

Posted by Andreas Richter <ar...@oszine.de>.

Re: link libsvn_client-1.lib in VC++ 6.0

Posted by steveking <st...@gmx.ch>.
Andreas Richter wrote:

> Have now link all available libs int my project and now i have only 2
> unresolved symbols
>
>   __imp__SHGetFolderPathA@20
>   __imp__SHGetFolderPathW@20
>
> which library have these symbols?

Header: shlobj.h
Library: shell32.dll (no lib available, dynamically linked)

You need at least shell32.dll version 5.0 for this. Maybe you also need
to download the latest SDK from MS to get the latest header files.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"

Re: link libsvn_client-1.lib in VC++ 6.0

Posted by Andreas Richter <ar...@oszine.de>.

Re: link libsvn_client-1.lib in VC++ 6.0

Posted by Andreas Richter <ar...@oszine.de>.

Re: link libsvn_client-1.lib in VC++ 6.0

Posted by Andreas Richter <ar...@oszine.de>.

Re: link libsvn_client-1.lib in VC++ 6.0

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Andreas Richter wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i try to build a Qt based subversion client for Linux and Windows.
>
>On Linux a can link my program against libsvn_client-1 and i can make a simple
>checkout at the moment. When i try this under Windows i become many linker
>errors (more than 100) with unresolved symbols in libsvn-client-1.lib.

What symbols are these? No-one can help you if you don't describe your
problem in a bit more detail.

>I have installed Visual C++ 6.0 with SP5, Windows Platform SDK 2003 and the
>files in svn-win32-1.2.0-rc2_dev.zip.
>I have also try to link again all libraries i found in the zip file and in
>db-4.3.27-win32.zip and svn-win32-libintl.zip. When i link all libs i become
>only two or three linker errors. But i can't link completely my little
>program...

How about Neon and OpenSSL, then?

>My Question now:
>Is it posible to link a VC++ 6.0 programm against these libraries?

Of course it's possible.

>And when yes, who?

The Subversion binaries are linked against those libraries.

>I have tried out now for few hours but without success :(
>
>Or must i compile subversion libraries completely by myself, as described in
>INSTALL?

If you're not linking all the dependencies, that won't help.

> And for which compiler are the precompiled development files (libs
>and headers in the win32...-dev.zip?)

MSVC 6

-- Brane