Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by keith <ke...@kjsdesigns.com> on 2003/06/19 20:01:55 UTC

giving view to the graphic designer - HOW?

I love the idea of MVC, but I can't figure out how to put the choice of
navigation/layout into the hands of the vm screen builder.  In other
words, if my vm designer had the page:

screens/x.vm:
------------------
<b>HelloWorld</b>
------------------

Is there any way he could specify inside the screen what
navigation/layout files to use?  We have a number of both navigations
and layouts we want to use; the only way I can see this happening right
now is by storing each screen in the database, creating an online
editing tool, and forcing our screen developer to toggle the desired
areas using htmlforms... this sounds like extra work - is there a better
way?

Thanks
Keith

Re: giving view to the graphic designer - HOW?

Posted by keith <ke...@kjsdesigns.com>.
Many thanks!
keith

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.