Posted to user@struts.apache.org by todd thorner <tt...@lycos.com> on 2003/10/25 11:43:19 UTC

Webapp works fine until uploaded to remote server

Hi all,

I'm a newbie trying to deploy my first Struts webapp.

Mine works fine inside my development environment (Struts 1.1, Tomcat 4.1.x), but when I transfer all local files to the service provider I'm using for public servlet deployments (where they also use Tomcat 4.1.x), I get the following error (500):

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find global ActionForward for name welcome

I have changed nothing in "struts-config.xml" or any other file.  I have uploaded "Struts.jar" to my remote WEB-INF/lib directory.  My webapp uses the usual approach of "Index.jsp forwards to Welcome.jsp", which as I said works fine in my development environment.  Here is the line in "Index.jsp"

<logic:forward name="welcome"/>

Here is what's in my "struts-config.xml"

<global-forwards>
 <forward name="welcome' path="/Welcome.do"/>
</global-forwards>

<action-mappings>
 <action path="/Welcome"
   type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
   parameter="/pages/Welcome.jsp"/>
</action-mappings>

I must be forgetting something simple, some .jar or something.  Any help?

Thanks.

Re: Webapp works fine until uploaded to remote server

Posted by Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>.
todd thorner wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm a newbie trying to deploy my first Struts webapp.
>
>Mine works fine inside my development environment (Struts 1.1, Tomcat 4.1.x), but when I transfer all local files to the service provider I'm using for public servlet deployments (where they also use Tomcat 4.1.x), I get the following error (500):
>
>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find global ActionForward for name welcome
>

>I have changed nothing in "struts-config.xml" or any other file.  I have uploaded "Struts.jar" to my remote WEB-INF/lib directory.  My webapp uses the usual approach of "Index.jsp forwards to Welcome.jsp", which as I said works fine in my development environment.  Here is the line in "Index.jsp"
>
><logic:forward name="welcome"/>
>
>Here is what's in my "struts-config.xml"
>
><global-forwards>

shouldn't this:

> <forward name="welcome' path="/Welcome.do"/>

be this:

 <forward name="welcome" path="/Welcome.do"/>

></global-forwards>
>
><action-mappings>
> <action path="/Welcome"
>   type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
>   parameter="/pages/Welcome.jsp"/>
></action-mappings>
>

>I must be forgetting something simple, some .jar or something.  Any help?
>
>Thanks.

Jason Lea

RE: Webapp works fine until uploaded to remote server

Posted by Rajat Pandit <ra...@centergroupinc.com>.
I had a similar problem, you might want to confirm the same with ur host
if he has made the required entry in the jkmount file which maps the
request and sends them to the servlet container instead of being
processed by apaches' mods.