Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org> on 2002/07/04 18:26:01 UTC

Tab Issues (was: Re: Need todo list for Cocoon transition)

Now, tabs.

<diana>
4. Tab decisions (IMO these could wait).
</diana?

<steven>
you will need to add some tabs, I believe, but that's dead simple.
</steven>

<david>
As far as i can tell, tabs do not work yet.
</david>

<konstantin>
They work, but you have to perform some hacky things to make them behave
as
expected...
</konstantin>

Issues
1. Steven, you used the term "dead simple." Maybe dead simple to
implement, but IMHO deciding what content goes under what tab should be
decided on cocoon-dev. If so, IMHO it needs to be proposed on
cocoon-dev. Is anyone working on a proposal? I started assessing this
when I first started looking at the Cocoon web site and its doc issues.
Should we create a draft proposal here on Forrest and then post it for
comments and feedback on cocoon-dev? If so, should I refactor an old
email of mine and post a draft here for more tab-specific comments?

2. Bert, do you have time to fix the so-called hacky things, or should
we wait to get feedback from cocoon-dev about what to do about the
overall skin issue first?

Diana

Re: Tab Issues (was: Re: Need todo list for Cocoon transition)

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 04:45  AM, Steven Noels wrote:

>> Issues
>> 1. Steven, you used the term "dead simple." Maybe dead simple to
>> implement, but IMHO deciding what content goes under what tab should
>> be decided on cocoon-dev. If so, IMHO it needs to be proposed on
>> cocoon-dev. Is anyone working on a proposal? I started assessing this
>> when I first started looking at the Cocoon web site and its doc
>> issues. Should we create a draft proposal here on Forrest and then
>> post it for comments and feedback on cocoon-dev? If so, should I
>> refactor an old email of mine and post a draft here for more
>> tab-specific comments?
>
> Please do so.
>
> On the technical level: would a 'tab' map to a section handled by its
> own sitemap? Just an idea.

But I thought you were discouraging the use of multiple sitemaps...
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=102252513231595&w=2

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Diana Shannon wrote:

> Issues
> 1. Steven, you used the term "dead simple." Maybe dead simple to
> implement, but IMHO deciding what content goes under what tab should be
> decided on cocoon-dev. If so, IMHO it needs to be proposed on
> cocoon-dev. Is anyone working on a proposal? I started assessing this
> when I first started looking at the Cocoon web site and its doc issues.
> Should we create a draft proposal here on Forrest and then post it for
> comments and feedback on cocoon-dev? If so, should I refactor an old
> email of mine and post a draft here for more tab-specific comments?

Please do so.

On the technical level: would a 'tab' map to a section handled by its
own sitemap? Just an idea.

</Steven>

Re: Tab Issues (was: Re: Need todo list for Cocoon transition)

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com>.
At 12:26 4/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Now, tabs.
>
><diana>
>4. Tab decisions (IMO these could wait).
></diana?
>
><steven>
>you will need to add some tabs, I believe, but that's dead simple.
></steven>
>
><david>
>As far as i can tell, tabs do not work yet.
></david>
>
><konstantin>
>They work, but you have to perform some hacky things to make them behave as
>expected...
></konstantin>
>
>Issues
>1. Steven, you used the term "dead simple." Maybe dead simple to
>implement, but IMHO deciding what content goes under what tab should be
>decided on cocoon-dev. If so, IMHO it needs to be proposed on cocoon-dev.
>Is anyone working on a proposal? I started assessing this when I first
>started looking at the Cocoon web site and its doc issues. Should we
>create a draft proposal here on Forrest and then post it for comments and
>feedback on cocoon-dev? If so, should I refactor an old email of mine and
>post a draft here for more tab-specific comments?
>
>2. Bert, do you have time to fix the so-called hacky things, or should we
>wait to get feedback from cocoon-dev about what to do about the overall
>skin issue first?

I'm lurking at the moment due to overwork on my and my wife's day
jobs.  What timeframe are you thinking about?
I got some solutions from Konstantin (I think), but still need to sort it
out the details.
Bert