Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "Mark A. Richman" <ma...@markrichman.com> on 2002/02/25 03:41:36 UTC

Full Text Index

What is the effort required to add full-text index & search to Xindice?

- Mark

AW: AW: Full Text Index

Posted by "W. Peschke" <Wo...@gmx.ch>.
It's just a simple Xpath Query using "contains".
I also implemented a case insensitive search by translate.

I guess it's the most unperformant and ugliest way, but it does its job
for me.

I search for all "names" of "things" which contain the searchstring in
one of its nodes.
It looks like this:

"/things/name[contains(translate(../descendant-or-self::*,'ABCDEFGHIJKLM
NOPQRSTUVWXYZÄÖÜ','abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzäöü'), translate('" +
searchstring +
"','ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZÄÖÜ','abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzäöü'))]";

Case sensitive it would simply be:
"/things/name[contains(../descendant-or-self::*, searchstring)]"

I hope this helps.

Wolfram

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
Wolfram,