Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andre John Mas <aj...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/03/30 17:36:47 UTC

Virtual Paths and Tomcat?

Hi,

  I have recently decided to make the move from JServ to Tomcat and one
of my servlets is having problems with the transition. The issue arises
because I make use of a virtual path which I add onto the of the servlet
path, as in the example:

  servlet path:  http://bob.com/servlets/medialibrary
  resulting url: http://bob.com/servlets/medialibrary/audio/groupx/box.m3u

This approach works with JServ but Tomcat can't seem to handle it. For
the basic servlet path Tomcat serves runs the servlet without a hitch,
but as soon as I add the extended path I get a error of the form 'resource
not found'. Is there any way I can get this working with Tomcat? I don't
want to have to resort to a variable parameter as this would mean that the
user will be given the name of the servlet for download, as opposed to the
generated file name.

Thanks

Andre

--
mailto:ajmas@bigfoot.com

Tyrex config in Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Harden ZHU <ha...@sympatico.ca>.
I did config poolman and weblogic database connection pool before. They all
have minimum and maximum database connection count that can be opened. I
didn't have any that information for Tyrex in tomcat. So what I am missing
here? How pooling be handled? And BTW, Tyrex work with ms-sql server?

Thanks

Harden

Re: Virtual Paths and Tomcat?

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
In your web.xml, just add the following mapping:

<servlet>
         <servlet-name>mlservlet</servlet-name>
         <servlet-class>MediaLibrary</servlet-class>
     </servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
         <servlet-name>mlservlet</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>/servlets/medialibrary/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

That should do it.  Now a call to any path starting with
/servlets/medialibrary will call the MediaLibrary servlet and the rest such
as "/audio/groupx/box.m3u" will be treated as pathInfo ( req.getPathInfo()
) for that servlet.

Jake