Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ian Upright <ia...@upright.net> on 2010/02/16 23:35:37 UTC

auto-generate an html interface for soap service

Hello,

This isn't directly related to CXF.. but I'm generating a web service using
CXF.  Now I would like to use an html-interface to connect into my SOAP
service, in order for myself and others to test it.

However, I can't seem to find any way that CXF automatically generates a
html-interface to test my SOAP service.  Does it?  The .NET frameworks I've
used to build SOAP services seem to do this out of the box.

If it does not, is there a tool out there can can generate an HTML interface
to my SOAP service?

I don't want to use SoapUI or anything like this, because I want a simple
web-based interface that other partners can easily test my service.

I found one that is online, http://soapclient.com/SoapTest.html.. however, I
want the source code, not an online service.

I also found, http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xgws/xydra/, but it seems old
and outdated?

There must be some other tools that do the job easily.  I'm just missing
something.

Thanks, Ian

Re: auto-generate an html interface for soap service

Posted by Ian Upright <ia...@upright.net>.
Actually.. I finally found one.

http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Java/docs/soapServlet.html

I'm using that now.

Another approach might be to use something like this:
http://www.guru4.net/articoli/javascript-soap-client/
And then parse the wsdl to generate some HTML & JavaScript to put it all
together.  It seems nobody does this either.

Ian

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp