Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Haruyuki Ohtani <oh...@isl.melco.co.jp> on 2000/08/08 13:56:10 UTC

Re: Sample Program

Budi,

Sam points out "using xerces_1_0_3.jar is *not* enough".
Xerces_1_0_3.jar must apear in classpath prior to other xml parsers
such as xml.jar. Here is the citation from ReleaseNotes.html

------
IMPORTANT: Tomcat comes with an XML parser (lib/xml.jar) which has the
DOM level 1 interfaces. Even if you put Xerces 1.0.3's xerces.jar in
your classpath, the wrong interfaces are found by any Java code
running in Tomcat because the shell script / batch file that runs
Tomcat puts the user's classpath at the end. So, you must edit
tomcat.sh or tomcat.bin in the bin/ directory and put xerces.jar at
the BEGINING of the classpath the script builds.
-------

RE: Sample Program

Posted by "Steven J. McDowall" <sj...@visi.com>.
Actually, xerces1-0-3 is not enough either.. The latest (RC2) released
code (and RC1, and SOAP 2.0 for that matter) all now demand
	xerces-1-1-2 or later.. (from all appearances 1-1-3 works fine too)

AND it still must be FIRST in the classpath (well, before the Tomcat xml.jar
file for sure or any other XML parser..)

Hope this helps

-Steve

RE: Sample Program