Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Preecha Patumcharoenpol <yu...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/18 04:07:41 UTC

Confuse about sofa and view

Hello. I am start to use UIMA for my project but I don't understand a
concept of SOFA/View.  how are they relate to other ? and any difference
between them ? I also wonder if sofa contain view or other way around

(I tried to read the example code that come with SDK but I think I am more
confuse because of something like this
cas.createView("EnglishDocument"); // Create english sofa
)

thanks.

Preecha

Re: Confuse about sofa and view

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Understandable. The original implementation and APIs were centered on Sofas,
but later changed to be View based.

A View contains a Sofa. Each View also has its own index repository.
A CAS is a collection of one or more Views.

Eddie