Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/11/24 21:14:50 UTC

BugRat Report #430 has been filed.

Bug report #430 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/430>

REPORT #430 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: latest
   JVM Release: 1.3
   Operating System: Windows NT
   OS Release: SP/6
   Platform: Intel dual Xeon

Synopsis:
docbase changed in server.xml by itself

We have deployed an application using Apache/Tomcat combo. Modified server.xml's contextpath "" entry to make our application the default page (e.g. when they type just http://localshost). Application was working fine. Stopped working 15 minutes prior to a big demo. The error message was a classis "page not found" error from Apache. After pulling half of the hair out, at someone's insistance checked the server.xml and the docbase for the "" context path had gone back to the tomcat's shipping default values.
What gives?