Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Ankita Karandikar <ak...@maprtech.com> on 2016/07/21 21:15:19 UTC

"publishToMavenLocal" task not found in gradlew

Hi,

While running the project Hello-Samza from the tutorials provided on the
web, I was unable to fire the following command on my terminal:

*************************************
./gradlew publishToMavenLocal
***************************************

Please suggest.

Note: Please find below the result of the command ./gradlew tasks for your
reference

Build tasks

-----------

assemble - Assembles the outputs of this project.

build - Assembles and tests this project.

buildDependents - Assembles and tests this project and all projects that
depend on it.

buildNeeded - Assembles and tests this project and all projects it depends
on.

classes - Assembles classes 'main'.

clean - Deletes the build directory.

jar - Assembles a jar archive containing the main classes.

testClasses - Assembles classes 'test'.

Build Setup tasks

-----------------

init - Initializes a new Gradle build. [incubating]

Documentation tasks

-------------------

javadoc - Generates Javadoc API documentation for the main source code.

Help tasks

----------

components - Displays the components produced by root project
'hello-samza'. [incubating]

dependencies - Displays all dependencies declared in root project
'hello-samza'.

dependencyInsight - Displays the insight into a specific dependency in root
project 'hello-samza'.

help - Displays a help message.

projects - Displays the sub-projects of root project 'hello-samza'.

properties - Displays the properties of root project 'hello-samza'.

tasks - Displays the tasks runnable from root project 'hello-samza'.

IDE tasks

---------

cleanEclipse - Cleans all Eclipse files.

eclipse - Generates all Eclipse files.

Verification tasks

------------------

check - Runs all checks.

test - Runs the unit tests.

Other tasks

-----------

dumpWikiEdits

dumpWikiRaw

dumpWikiStats

listKafkaTopics

runWikiFeed

runWikiParser

runWikiStats

stopGrid

wrapper - Updates gradlew and supporting files.

AKARANDIKAR-E366-MPR13:hello-samza akarandikar$ ./gradlew tasks | grep
publishToMavenLocal

AKARANDIKAR-E366-MPR13:hello-samza akarandikar$

Thanks.

Regards,

Ankita

Re: "publishToMavenLocal" task not found in gradlew

Posted by Navina Ramesh <nr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Hi Ankita,

publishToMavenLocal is a standard task from the gradle Api
<https://docs.gradle.org/current/javadoc/org/gradle/api/publish/maven/tasks/PublishToMavenLocal.html>
since
version 1.4. Not sure why you are not able to publish to local maven. It
works for me.
Wonder if it has anything to do with your execution environment. Perhaps
some basic checks can help:
* Are you running it on linux directly?
* Is maven installed? Perhaps, M2_HOME is not set in your environment? Does
~/.m2 directory exist?
* Also, ensure that gradle version that is *actually* used in the project's
tasks is >= 1.4
* Try adding this segment to build.gradle and make sure that the urls are
resolved correctly:

task listrepos << {

    project.repositories.each { println "Name: " + it.name + "; url: " +
it.url }

}
Cheers!
Navina

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Ankita Karandikar <akarandikar@maprtech.com

--
Navina R.

Re: "publishToMavenLocal" task not found in gradlew

Posted by Fred Ji <fj...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Hi Ankita,

The command "./gradlew publishToMavenLocal" is to be run in Samza project,
not "hello-samza" project. In your case, you may just skip this command
since "bin/grid bootstrap" would already build a Samza package for you
(hello-samza/deploy/samza).

Thanks,

Fred