Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Andy <an...@quadrant.net> on 2002/05/01 21:46:20 UTC

Mac OS X server version: Any Luck?

Has anyone been able to compile subversion-r1682 for "Mac OS X 10.1.2
Server" as a server.  I have apache 2 configured with DSO support and
all modules loading as a DSO.  Apache is also compiled with ssl
support.  I installed my own neon 0.19.3 as a dynamic and static
library.  I updated apr and apr-util using cvs to the newest versions
in the subversion source tree.  When I ran "sh autogen.sh" everything
completed smoothly.  I get the following error when linking:

cd subversion/clients/cmdline && /bin/sh
/usr/local/src/subversion-r1682+/libtool --silent --mode=link  cc
-DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -g -O2
-DNEON_ZLIB -DNEON_SSL   -I./subversion/include -I.
-I/usr/local/src/subversion-r1682+/apr/include
-I/usr/local/src/subversion-r1682+/apr-util/include
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/neon
-I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include  -rpath
/usr/local/lib -o svn  add-cmd.o checkout-cmd.o cleanup-cmd.o
commit-cmd.o copy-cmd.o delete-cmd.o diff-cmd.o feedback.o help-cmd.o
import-cmd.o log-cmd.o main.o merge-cmd.o mkdir-cmd.o move-cmd.o
prompt.o propdel-cmd.o propedit-cmd.o propget-cmd.o proplist-cmd.o
props.o propset-cmd.o resolve-cmd.o revert-cmd.o status-cmd.o
status.o switch-cmd.o trace-commit.o trace-update.o update-cmd.o
util.o ../../../subversion/libsvn_client/libsvn_client.la
../../../subversion/libsvn_wc/libsvn_wc.la
../../../subversion/libsvn_ra/libsvn_ra.la
../../../subversion/libsvn_delta/libsvn_delta.la
../../../subversion/libsvn_subr/libsvn_subr.la
/usr/local/src/subversion-r1682+/apr/libapr.la
../../../expat-lite/libexpat.la -lm
/usr/bin/ld: warning -L: directory name
(/sw/src/libxml2-2.4.13-1/libxml2-2.4.13/.libs) does not exist
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_apr_explode_localtime
/usr/bin/ld: warning unused multiple definitions of symbol _XML_ErrorString
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.dylib(xmlparse.lo) definition of _XML_ErrorString
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.0.dylib(xmlparse.lo) unused definition of
_XML_ErrorString
***Lots Of Warnings***

It is the
"/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_apr_explode_localtime" that I am concerned about.

Does anyone have any suggestions as how to fix this??

Andy

Re: Mac OS X server version: Any Luck?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> writes:

> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 03:46:20PM -0600, Andy wrote:
> > Has anyone been able to compile subversion-r1682 for "Mac OS X 10.1.2
> > Server" as a server.  I have apache 2 configured with DSO support and
> > all modules loading as a DSO.  Apache is also compiled with ssl
> > support.  I installed my own neon 0.19.3 as a dynamic and static
> > library.  I updated apr and apr-util using cvs to the newest versions
> > in the subversion source tree.  When I ran "sh autogen.sh" everything
> > completed smoothly.  I get the following error when linking:
>
> You are using HEAD of apr and apr-util against a snapshot of
> SVN.  You need to update both httpd and SVN to their HEADs.
>
> At this point, tarballs (such as -r1682+) are only meant to
> bootstrap.  You build a client, then update the sources to
> the most recent version and then recompile.  -- justin

Pretty please folks, read the screaming giant yellow-and-red message
at the top of the tarball-downloads page:

   WARNING: The tarballs below are posted so you can check out the
   LATEST version of Subversion. They are NOT meant to be installed
   and used casually on your system. The tarballs will NOT work when
   compiled against arbitrary versions of httpd or apr. Subversion is
   still developing rapidly, and as a rule -- until Subversion hits
   Alpha or Beta -- the HEAD of Subversion is defined to compile
   against the HEAD of httpd and apr; any other combination of
   packages may not work. Please don't ask for help unless you're
   using the latest versions of everything.

Re: Mac OS X server version: Any Luck?

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.