Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2003/10/23 19:35:46 UTC

Re: Lenya

P. Mollahan wrote:

> I am relatively new to the area of Content Management
> Systems, and I have been looking at the Open Source
> market to identify products that currently meet my
> requirements and that I feel would be worth joining
> the product community and helping to contribute with.

always welcome :)

> I am trying to get a better understanding of the
> Apache Lenya project & I have been trawling through
> the mailing list and various other documentation that
> I have found on the web. What I would like to know is
> whether or not there is somewhere that I could go to
> answer some of the following basic questions – or
> maybe there is someone out there who could help answer
> them for me? I require a basic knowledge of what
> features Lenya currently offers – for example:
>
> -	Does Lenya provide a user/role management function &
> if so is this browser based?

yes and yes. see the admin tab

> -	I understand that there is a WYSISWYG tool available
> for content editing – is all content authoring &
> transformation web based?

yes

> -	Is there a templating engine within the product & if
> so what kind of templates can be supported – XML only?

templating is strictly xhtml, css and xslt. no proprietary templating
language support.

> -	Is there a defined promotion path from development
> of content through testing and production?

yes, you can set up a staging area. and there is workflow to facilitate
reviews.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya