Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by ayoub mrini <ay...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/06 15:54:17 UTC

Non JSON-query API clients

Hello,

I'm aware of some Python clients for the JSON query API, but I cannot find any Python client for the other endpoints, the ones documented here: https://druid.apache.org/docs/latest/operations/api-reference.html

Are planning to provide any official ones? Are those endpoints stable?

If we can write the OpenAPI spec, for example, for those endpoints, we can generate the basic boilerplate client code for multiple langages.

Ayoub Mrini

Re: Non JSON-query API clients

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
I'm not aware of plans to build out official clients for those other APIs;
when I've written python programs to integrate with them I've usually
called them through http directly.

I'm not familiar with OpenAPI, but looking at it briefly, it seems like an
interesting concept and a potential way to get some nice clients going.

The API endpoints are stable, in the sense that they change rarely, and if
they ever do change it will be in a major version and will be called out in
the release notes.