Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org> on 2004/08/07 01:09:21 UTC

, PerlModule, PerlRequire in .htaccess

I am looking at pending issues in todo/release, and I came upon this issue

Right now, <Perl> PerlModule PerlRequire can _only_ be used in Global
configuration and server scope. No <Location>, htacceess, etc.

The orignial conversation about this is here :

I'd like to quote Stas from the last e-mail in the thread:

"However doing this via proposed MP_CMD_DIR_TAKE1 doesn't seem right.
We need  to add .htaccess, but not change the SRV directives to DIR."

I agree with him, .htaccess support makes sense, and would mean re-executing
that operation for each request, IMO.

So if you PerlRequire /foo/bar.pl in some .htaccess, it will get
required on each
request, same for <Perl> sections.

The question I have for all, is how can we make a directive support
.htaccess without
also allowing it in blocks. AFAIK, the httpd API only allows OR_ALL for
this and
it's both .htaccess and blocks.

Thoughts ?

Re: , PerlModule, PerlRequire in .htaccess

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

[...]

>>> The question I have for all, is how can we make a directive support
>>> .htaccess without
>>> also allowing it in blocks. AFAIK, the httpd API only allows OR_ALL
>>> for this and
>>> it's both .htaccess and blocks.
>>

>> How was this done in mp1?
>

> Just found out there is a way to tell them apart (from mp1).
> cmd_param->path is NULL unless
> you are in .htaccess context.
>
> So, the way to fix this would be to change the wanted directives to
> OR_ALL and create a macro
> to slap at the beginning of each of them that check for param->path !=
> null or bombs out. Working
> on it.

It's in and the macro is called MP_CHECK_SERVER_OR_HTACCESS_CONTEXT.

So now, <Perl>  PerlModule and PerlRequire will be honored in .htaccess
and will be
executed on each request.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-cvs&m=109184714017267&w=2

Re: , PerlModule, PerlRequire in .htaccess

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.