Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "jens m. noedler" <no...@web.de> on 2005/11/09 19:35:27 UTC

[announcement] use svn as versioning filesystem (was: Re: Potential New User questions)

Re: [announcement] use svn as versioning filesystem

Posted by Jon Bendtsen <jo...@laerdal.dk>.
Den 10. nov 2005 kl. 18:14 skrev Ryan Schmidt:

> On Nov 10, 2005, at 10:19, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
>
>> I was just looking for something like a regular network filesystem
>> where
>> the sysadm mounts the share, and when people write their usernames
>> are mapped to a server identity, like NFS does.
>
> I don't think there is such a thing. NFS, as you say, is a network
> filesystem; WebDAV (and SMB and AFP) are file sharing protocols,
> not network filesystems, so they don't work the same way.

Well, i'd like a network filesystem with versioning.
And i think that one can hack webdav into becomming just that.

JonB

Re: [announcement] use svn as versioning filesystem

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Jon Bendtsen <jo...@laerdal.dk>.

Posted by "jens m. noedler" <no...@web.de>.

Re: [announcement] use svn as versioning filesystem (was: Re: PotentialNew User questions)

Posted by Jon Bendtsen <jo...@laerdal.dk>.