Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Pål Wester <pa...@never.no> on 2001/06/25 12:56:46 UTC

ident and spaces

HI there...

I'm having problems with the fact that cocoon pages
removes spaces, tabs and linefeed. It seems that
Netscape 6 parse the pages differently...

How can I preserve the spaces on the output??
mvh: Pål Wester
høgskoleingenør/programmerer

never.no as, stortingsgt 30, 0161 Oslo
direkte: 22 01 66 34, 906 900 62
tlf: 22 01 66 34, fax: 22 01 66 21
http://never.no - icq:103476059

Re: ident and spaces

Posted by pg...@email.med.yale.edu.
I believe it has nothing to do with cocoon.
Use <pre></pre> tags for preformatted html output.

SV: SV: ident and spaces (Netscape problem)

Posted by Pål Wester <pa...@florence.never.no>.
It was extreme spacing in vertical direction and
unnessesary breaking.

I found a sollution, and that was to make cocoon report
a earlier HTML version... It is now HTML 3.2 public, the
same as dreamviewer produces I think.... It's a shame that
the prog doesn't use DOCTYPE though... off to INTERDEV..

mvh: Pål Wester <ma...@never.no>

AW: SV: ident and spaces (Netscape problem)

Posted by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>.
Is it the same problem as mine in '[C2] Bug in HTML-Serializer?'

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.