Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Soheil Shaghaghi <so...@jhanna.com> on 2002/08/10 10:21:41 UTC

Error logs

Hi everyone,
I am running FreeBSD 4.2 and Apache 1.327.
Recently, I have been seeing errors like this in the apache log file:

[error] (23)Too many open files in system: accept: (client socket)
[emerg] (23)Too many open files in system: Child cannot open lock file:
/web/apache/logs/httpd.lock.213
[emerg] (23)Too many open files in system: Child cannot open lock file:
/web/apache/logs/httpd.lock.213
[emerg] (23)Too many open files in system: Child cannot open lock file:
/web/apache/logs/httpd.lock.213
(54)Connection reset by peer: getsockname

Or errors like this in my site error log files:
(23)Too many open files in system: couldn't spawn child process

Caught a SIGTERM at programname.cgi line 0

Can anyone tell me what these are and how to fix them please?

Thanks